High Performance Construction
Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS)
Broadview Builders proudly announces teaming up with Extreme Panel Technologies, Inc. A Minnesota based company with 25 years SIPs experience in design and manufacturing.
Money-saving strategies for an affordable, healthy, high performance home.
- Extreme Energy Efficiency: Save 50-70% or more on your heating and cooling bills. Net Zero is attainable with an Extreme Panel envelope.
- Extreme’s structures are Less Expensive than conventional stick framing when they are viewed as a system rather than just a component.
- Extreme’s structures are Healthier, more comfortable and quiet, and are less prone to allergens and mold growth.
- Extreme Panel SIPs are Two to Three Times Stronger than stick framing.
- Extreme utilizes building science to properly size HVAC systems and to test completed structures for Air Tightness.
Panel Structures are Net Zero Ready
Net Zero is defined as a structure with zero energy consumption and zero carbon emissions annually.
The single greatest opportunity to conserve energy is through the building shell, specifically its air tightness. The second greatest factor is in the building’s R-value.
Fully Licensed & Insured:
Supports green initiatives
Extreme Panel’s commitment to precision and efficiency are unmatched in the SIPs market. Extreme features the only fully automated 8 x 24 inch laminating press in the industry and a state-of-the-art Hundegger CNC machine. The Hundegger has a router, a chainsaw blade and a 40 inch circular blade. The router moves on 4 axis while the circular and chainsaw blades moves on 5 axis, which provides extreme accuracy on even the most complicated compound cuts.
SIPs are Less Expensive
…when viewed as a system, rather than just a component
- Air tight structures require small heating and cooling loads, often saving up to 50% on initial cost of HVAC equipment.
- All panels are pre-cut to exact specifications. Complex angles that take hours to custom build on-site with sticks can take a fraction of the time in our manufacturing facility.
- Framing and instulation is done at the same time reducing on-site labor.
- Walls are straighter, which results in fast work for sub-contractors hanging sheetrock, cabinets, windows and doors.
- Structures are enclosed quicker resulting in shorter construction time which means paying less interest on a construction loan.
- With pre-routed electrical chases, wiring installation is up to 20-30% faster.